Friday, October 28, 2005

why toast?

I don't know, except that I had toast for breakfast this morning, before I worked on my novel, as I do almost every morning. But it has a festive ring, don't you think?
My novel is about ghosthunters, although I am not one. The main character lives on a farm, which I do not. But still, it has autobiographical elements: for instance, I like farms. I have so far about 200 pages written, which seems like a lot unless I think of how much farther I have to write before I get to the end, which I imagine might be around 600 pp., but who knows?
Today I wrote a scene where Carl, the more or less main character, is hiking up a hill behind his farmhouse to visit the ancient family cemetery, where he will not see a ghost, but will probably be depressed. (Autobiographical note: I have been depressed, now and then.)

1 Comments:

Blogger AKA @kidgman said...

Did you ever think that toast rhymed with "ghost"?

11/15/2005 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home