Saturday, February 25, 2006

1245

This is my word count today--a little high for me. On good days I usually do around 1100; and my overall average tends to be around 950. So I feel as if I ought to celebrate somehow--I'm planning a trip to the library. These are the excitements of the writer, or at least this writer. I sometimes think that if I lived in NYC or Hawaii my life would be more exciting, but I'd probably still be sitting at my computer and then going out to buy some bottled water and asparagus on my way to the library.
I'm going to pick up Caramelo, by Sandra Cisneros, , and Pure Chocolate: Divine Desserts and Sweets, by Fran Gage, both of which I ordered from OhioLink. And then I'll come back with my bottled water and sit and read and listen to the wind whipping around the house, which is probably what I'd be doing in Hawaii, although the wind would be warmer.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kristin Ohlson said...

If I hit my word count today, I'd like to celebrate by going out to buy some new bras.

Such are the aspirations of this writer's life!

2/25/2006 12:51 PM  
Blogger mary grimm said...

Go for it!
I compounded the fun of this writer's life by cleaning the bathroom and doing a load of laundry.

2/25/2006 2:05 PM  
Blogger mary grimm said...

I love your blog title (Book of marvels) so you totally have to post.

2/25/2006 2:06 PM  
Blogger Kristin Ohlson said...

Yes, I love it too but as I said, I don't know how. And shouldn't take time off from my word count to figure it out right now.

I didn't even know anyone could see it. Duh.

2/25/2006 3:04 PM  
Blogger Sean Santa said...

i went to a writers conference in downtown cleveland before i knew anything about writing. the best piece of advice i heard and will remember till my dying day as i will repeat it to every person i can was:

Q: i want to write screenplays and novels, what should i do about it? move to los angelos? what about new york?

A: you can sit on your ass at the typewriter just as well in cleveland as in new york.

apply as needed

L,
Sean

2/25/2006 8:39 PM  
Blogger mary grimm said...

Who was it that said that at the writer's conference?

2/25/2006 10:23 PM  
Blogger Sean Santa said...

i dont remember. it might have been billy bilgere but i dont like him all that much so i wont be quick to pin such a wonderful comment on him

L,
Sean

2/26/2006 2:06 PM  
Blogger mary grimm said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3/01/2006 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home