Tuesday, January 16, 2007

linkish

While I'm cutting, other people are being published! Kris of Book of Marvels has an article on boutique olive oil in the Christian Science Monitor, available online, here. And my friend MJ has a witty and timely piece on the vagaries of parking in NYC, here.
I'm up to 62 pages cut now, which seems like a lot, but also like not enough. On the other hand, that's enough pages for two fair-sized short stories.
Over break, I did 2 day-long writing retreats, one with my poet sister (hi, erieblue), and another with two other writing friends. Chocolate and mint tea were important parts of the inspirational rituals.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I was at the editing phase with my novel, must be exciting. Wanting that chocolate!

1/17/2007 4:27 AM  
Blogger susan grimm said...

Maybe those two days embody, in part, how we want our life to be?

1/17/2007 10:26 AM  
Blogger mary grimm said...

Julia--I was wishing that last summer; now I'm ungratefully wishing I was done!
EB: on to something?

1/17/2007 5:37 PM  
Blogger Erin O'Brien said...

You think you have trouble? I'm trying to figure out how to do a tasteful YouTube video of my vibrator.

1/18/2007 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home