Wednesday, February 27, 2008

snowed in, sort of

And snow is good for revision, but today I don't need it, since I've finished this draft, which means that I can put Carl and Nancy and Isabel out of my head for a while.
It's not that I don't like them, but I've been prodding them with the cursor for a month, and they're a little sullen by now, wanting to know why they can't keep that perfectly good line of dialogue, or why I took the china swans out of Carl's booth at the antique mall.
I have my reasons! But of course all writers say this, don't they?

4 Comments:

Blogger susan grimm said...

So,I think you should write an essay talking about all the stuff you took out and why.

2/29/2008 7:17 AM  
Blogger Kristin Ohlson said...

No, no-- not the China swans!

I agree with EB. Although I think it's probably easier to revise/remove than to revise/enlarge, which is what I think I need to do. What do you think?

3/02/2008 2:45 PM  
Blogger mary grimm said...

I totally agree. I still have a bit of enlarging to do, but I put it off for the next (and I hope, last) draft.

3/02/2008 2:47 PM  
Blogger Erin O'Brien said...

update thy blog!

5/06/2008 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home