Thursday, July 27, 2006

back, with new pages

I wrote almost 5000 words while I was away, and I did it while looking at this:

So I guess that proves something about writing away from my comfort zone (that is, my messy desk/office). Also much swimming, some hiking (it's chastening to hike at high altitudes when you're over 50), a little shopping, and communal cooking (3 women in a kitchen!). Here's the view from 8000 feet. If I was a better photographer, you'd be able to see a sliver of blue that is Donner Lake.

6 Comments:

Blogger susan grimm said...

I want to go back!!

7/28/2006 8:10 AM  
Blogger Bruce Owens Grimm said...

Wow! Is everyone moving to Lake Tahoe now? I'd like to know who my neighbors are going to be. It would be difficult to not be inspired by that view.

7/28/2006 9:20 AM  
Blogger mary grimm said...

My thinking is--why am I not living some place where there is NO humidity?

7/28/2006 9:54 AM  
Blogger Bruce Owens Grimm said...

That is an excellent question! I'm also wondering why I'm living in a house without air conditioning.

7/28/2006 10:22 AM  
Blogger Iris Jamahl Dunkle said...

I am living in a place that is swelteringly (is that even a word?) humid now, [but I do have AC which is plus] - and that lake made me want to go for a swim.

7/29/2006 9:44 PM  
Blogger Gina Ventre said...

I could get used to that view. As it is, I stare blankly into some trees and a parking lot while racking my brain for that elusive sentence.

8/02/2006 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home