Saturday, November 05, 2005

avoidance: an art

Here is what I've done today instead of writing:
1. Checked my email 3 t imes.
2. Looked fruitlessly at an old story that I might revise some time, but probably not because I hate it.
3. Made the bed.
4. Went down to see if there was mail.
5. Made a Christmas shopping list.
6. Looked in the linen closet for a round brush I used to have that would be good for creative blow-drying.
7. Checked for mail a second time.
8. Had a snack: crackers, cheese, the last olive.
9. Put away some of my summer clothes (you see the desperation, don't you?)
10. Changed the page on my calendar to November.

2 Comments:

Blogger susan grimm said...

When do you ever blowdry your hair? Hey, maybe our writing group should have a mutual blog--that would involve more time-wasting, too.

11/06/2005 11:10 AM  
Blogger susan grimm said...

Do you suppose having a blog is a way of ordering and shaping the life you describe--in this case your writing life? To approach it in a more affectionate and social way? To change the dynamic from punishing to playful?

11/06/2005 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home