Saturday, September 30, 2006

revision marathon

I'm about 2/3 of the way through the book doing light revision--typos, looking for small problems, finding things I want to weave more tightly into the fabric of the book, etc.
My thought is--I really need a massage. Sitting at your desk for this long is serious wear on the body. My shoulders are tight and my spine is twisty. Plus, I need more chocolate. I've eaten most of a Lindt 70% bar, a chili-spiced Dagoba, and a leftover Godiva truffle I found in my purse. For a while I had a cacao high going, but now I've crashed.
Tonight, D (who is doing all the revision-era cooking) is making venison stew, there are brownies in the freezer, and we're going to watch some Bob Newhart (the 1st show--I hate the 2nd innkeeper one). Plus I've bought a copy of Soap Opera Digest, so I can enter more fully the restful world of daytime TV. Is Reva really going to die of cancer? I'm looking forward to worrying about someone's characters besides my own.

5 Comments:

Blogger susan grimm said...

Hey, why don't writers get to lounge around in maribou-trimmed lingerie. Well, maybe Danielle Steele does.

10/01/2006 10:30 AM  
Blogger Kristin Ohlson said...

I wish I had someone to do revision-era cooking for me! Well, maybe he would if it weren't taking months and months.

10/01/2006 2:15 PM  
Blogger Kristin Ohlson said...

Okay, I finished revising tonight. Just now. Woo-hoo!

I'm going to go drink a glass of wine.

10/01/2006 7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you are so inspiring! I'm with you on the chocolate, massage and the lounging around afterwards.

10/02/2006 7:11 PM  
Blogger Gina Ventre said...

You can always find me lounging on a red velvet couch in fur-trimmed negligees.

Actually I'm more of a 10 yr old sweatshirt and elastic-less pants girl...especially when writing.

10/03/2006 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home