Wednesday, November 16, 2005

308

The number of words I wrote today. Which is better than no words, but it's a little depressing. However, to maintain my membership in the Pollyanna Novelists Club, I want to point out to myself (and anyone who is reading) that 308 is probably more words than I wrote in all of a certain bad writing year I've experienced (you know who you are!), and so 308 is good.
I had a writer friend who wanted to write a novel, but was always having trouble finding time to do it--she was a librarian and a mother and a number of other things. Her solution: she decided to write 15 minutes a day, and never to waver in her commitment to the 15 minutes. She did the 15 minutes a day, and she wrote the novel. (Interestingly, the novel was about a woman who secretly rents a room where she goes to spend time away from her husband and children--every mother's dream?)
So 308: yay. 308 is great. Don't be late with 308. But wait, I'm not a poet, which is too bad, because poems are so darned short. (I'm expecting to hear from my poet sister about this.)

2 Comments:

Blogger AKA @kidgman said...

308 sounds like a good title for a science fiction novel... but that's my opinion. I think your sister will differ about poems being short there are some book length poems out there.

11/16/2005 2:35 PM  
Blogger AKA @kidgman said...

Just a confirmation that 308 is significant... found this person on myspace by total coincidence today... atom age vampire in 308 - A 19 year old from NJ... his profile name sound like a science fiction title... wierd.

11/17/2005 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home