Monday, November 21, 2005

breakfast notes

I'm borrowing a meme from the food blog world (where I'm an enthusiastic lurker)--the What I Had For Breakfast meme, introduced by Andrew of Spittoon.
What I had for breakfast today : two pieces of bread with poppy seeds toasted, buttered and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese; a glass of Tropicana orange juice; a personal blend (two tea bags in one cup!) of Tazo Passion tea and GingerAid; and a handful of walnuts. All this was served on a Chinet paper plate and in two styrofoam cups, because we have no running water in the kitchen until the sink is back in.
Believe me, the food bloggers were eating much more interesting things than this--poached eggs, just-baked scones, omelets with goat cheese, and so on. Even on days when I have a sink, I don't have just-baked scones for breakfast. But maybe when the water turns back on, I'll be inspired. At the moment, I'm even sort of looking forward to washing dishes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin O'Brien said...

Don't. Feel. Bad.

I know a woman, an interior designer, who had an opportunity to do some work with (ugh) Martha Stewart (years before the controversy ensued). She and her crew worked through the morning, giddy with anticipation over lunch with the Pearl Mesta. And what did Martha serve?

Saffron infused risotto?
Dill-smoked salmon?
Quince and prosciutto salad?

None of the above. It was plain ham sandwiches all the way around!
Oh sweet divine equalization of life!

11/22/2005 3:33 PM  
Blogger mary grimm said...

I do love a good ham sandwich.

11/22/2005 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home