Friday, April 28, 2006

further consideration of the summer reading list

On my list:
1. the new book by Julia Child and her nephew (I've forgotten the name)
2. all the books of Robertson Davies, now that I've become a Davies fan
3. Lady Oracle: re-read (this is Atwood's funniest book, as far as I'm concerned; there's an artist that works with roadkill--need I say more?)
4. another novel by Balzac; I've only read one (Cousin Bette), and I feel I ought to read at least one more
5. The Omnivore's Dilemma, by Michael Pollan; actually I'll probably read this next week, which is technically before summer, even before the academic summer, which begins as soon as the grades are turned in
6. a new book of short stories by Richard Ford that I bought on deep reduction at the campus bookstore (can't remember name)
7. Dreamweaver for Dummies (I'll probably just browse this though)

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home